Become a Sponsor
Show your support for Whittlesea City Basketball Association and Mill Park Pacers by becoming a Sponsor. The Whittlesea City Basketball Association started in early 1992 in local schools in the area. In November of 1992 the Mill Park Basketball Stadium opened and it has been the home of the Whittlesea City Basketball Association ever since. From here on we continued to grow not only with our Junior Domestic teams but also Senior Domestic teams, Championship Junior Teams and Championship Senior Teams.
Over the years some of our greatest achievements are:
|1997 VBL Men – Champions|
|2005 Division 1 Women – Runners Up|
|2009 Division 2 Women – Champions|
|2011 State Youth League 2 Men – Champions|
|2013 Division 1 Men – Champions|
|2015 Division 1 Women – Champions|
|2015 Youth League 1 Men – Champions|
|2016 Youth League 1 Men – Runners Up|
From 1994 – 2019 – We have had numerous VJBL ( Victorian Junior Basketball League – played Friday nights) teams both male and female compete in finals. Many of these teams were either Premiers or Runners up in the finals series.
Our numbers today are:
- 324 Junior Domestic teams which equals approximately 3000 players, both Boys and Girls, that play in our own local competition at Mill Park Stadium and surrounding venues
- 175 Senior Domestic teams which equals approximately 1,225 players both Male and Female. These teams all play at the Mill Park Basketball Stadium from Sunday night through to Thursday night in a Men’s, Women’s and Mixed Competition.
- 22 Junior Championship teams which equals approximately 220 Junior players both Male and Female. These teams play in the VJBL League (Victorian Junior Basketball League) and all over the state as far as Bendigo, Ballarat and Latrobe.
- 3 Senior Elite Championship teams which equals approximately 60- 65 players/coaches/team managers both male and female. These teams play in the Big V Competition and also play State wide as far as Mildura and Latrobe.
- 30 Aussie Hoops players who are their to discover basketball, develop their skills, learn the rules, have fun and eventually go into a Junior Domestic competition. They participate every week at Mill Park Stadium.
- Over 200 players from various stadiums attending our school camps that are run during the school holidays.
- This equates to approximately 9,000 patrons visiting our venues each week.
- Over 65 Volunteers that work tirelessly for the Association. These volunteers generously give their time every week or when ever needed to help run the Association.
- 3 Staff members, Two Full Time and one Part Time.
- An annual tournament called – WCBA Junior Autumn Classic Tournament – is run around the April school holidays. This attracts teams and players from all over the state and has approximately 120 teams. From here we see in excess of 1200 players/coaches and team managers as well as an abundance of parents/spectators.
- We also hire on Saturday 7 extra venues and 14 more courts to accommodate our Junior Domestic players all in the local area. These courts are at Epping, Mernda and Darebin.
Our Social Media communication channels give us a direct line to all of our members, both Domestic and Championship and those involved in the Association as parents and coaches. We have Facebook and Instagram as well as a new revamped website – www.wcba.org.au
We can offer many different sponsorship opportunities for the right person. These are:
- Club $100
- Junior Player Package $450
- Club Sponsor $500
- Big V Player Sponsor $650
- Bronze $1,250
- Silver $2,500
- Gold $ 5,000
- Platinum $10,000
- Sapphire $15,000
The booklet attached show the packages in detail and what we can offer you.
The Whittlesea City Basketball Association are interested in any expressions of interest regarding sponsorships. We are open to any proposals put forward by you.
To discuss sponsorship opportunities please contact:
Championship Secretary: Ben Robertson
Phone: 0418 399 366